If you haven’t noticed, we got quite an obsession when it comes to unboxing videos. If you can buy it there is a high probability that there is an unboxing video of it on youtube. Which is why it is incredibly important these days that if you run an ecommerce business, you should be investing some good time into developing your product’s unboxing experience.
Below are my top favorite unique unboxing experiences that you can draw inspiration from.
Roseshire is an online luxury rose service that truly delivers a premium experience. I first heard about the company listening to Andrew Warner’s Mixergy Podcast. If you want to learn more about Rosehire’s startup journey you can find the episode here.
Roseshire simply does not sell roses, they sell an experience and charge more than any other floral delivery service out there. What sets Roseshire apart from any other floral service is their box.
Here is what makes their unboxing experience so special:
- The best flowers are picked chosen based on their sustainability through shipment.
- Each individual rose comes with their own individual water tubes.
- Each box is signed by the person who created the arrangement.
- Each box contains a specially designed card that was hand drawn. That card is then placed in a linen envelop. That envelop is then sealed with melted wax and stamped with their logo.
- Boxes are made with corrugated materials that are similar to jewelry boxes. This delivers that luxurious experience that they are aiming for.
Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3
Alcatel is a French telecommunications company that created an unlocked no contract smartphone called the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3.
You don’t have to be a marketing genius to get what this product is all about. The packaging speaks volumes towards the younger audience. Here is how they created an experience that enhances the unlocked no contract lifestyle.
- From the top of the box, you have a slide to unlock that playfully remind you that it is both an unlocked no contract smartphone as well as an android device.
- Bright neon colors creates a sense of creativity and expression.
- Multiple flaps inside the box highlight all of the major features of the phone.
- Lifestyle photography to showcase and frame how much of this device will be a part of your life.
Trunk Club is an ecommerce company that ships outfits to men or women. Customer’s sign up and a stylist will put together an outfit based on your preferences and ship the clothes to you. Customer’s pick which items they would like to keep and pays for them.
Here is what makes Trunk Club’s unboxing experience great.
- The box designs that come from Trunk Club look like actual trunks.
- All clothes are hand selected, and then carefully folded. Items are often bundled and tied neatly with ribbons.
- All orders include a personalized card handwritten by the stylist explaining about the items contained in the package.
Creating an awesome unique unboxing experience can elevate your brand and leave a lasting impression. Unboxing a package is already exciting, however, if you include unexpected surprises you can increase your chances of your product being talked and shared online.
Let me know what you think of the unboxing experience for these products. Share your favorite unboxing experiences below in the comments and I’ll check them out.